Welcome to my blog where I write about Vaguely Phyisics Related Matter, I hope you enjoy it :)

Monday 5 August 2013

Destination Switzerland Done

One of the cool things that happened this year was that I WENT TO GENEVA! This was one of the places I had written about dreaming going to and hey I did it. I went with Nottingham Physoc so we had one day touring around the LHC. There was a museum and exhibition and then we had a guided tour around this big warehouse type room looking at prototypes and maps getting to grips with how it all works and what they aim to achieve. We had a 3D movie of the detector but unfortunately didn't get to see the big detector itself, that's reserved for people who know people and we were just on an ordinary tour. That was a bit of a disappointment if I'm honest but it was still really interesting and fun so can't really complain.


Geneva was so beautiful and I had a great time exploring the old town and lake when we were there. Honestly an amazing holiday that I will remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment